Live streaming services are currently one of the most popular choices for event companies and broadcasters. With so much content available to stream, everyone is generating revenue and earning popularity while catering to audience requirements. Live streaming is an invaluable skill for any type of brand or creator. The attention of the audience in real-time works well in creating strong and authentic connections.
Keeping this in mind, this blog contains some of the important parameters of live streaming and their importance. In addition to this, we’ll also list some popular live streaming platforms that are available for free. So, without wasting time, let’s get started.
Live Streaming Services: Importance and Benefits
Live streaming is simply the real-time interaction between the host and the event attendees. With the help of live streaming service providers, the large raw video files break down into small chunks of data for smoother transmission over the internet. While streaming the session live, the chances of editing and polishing the content are zero, and the creation of authentic content is more likely.
In addition to this, live streaming involves many technicalities. Some of these are using RTMP protocols, encoders, and decoders. The RTMP streaming protocol is used to boost low latency connections to improve the streaming quality even at lower bandwidths. Similarly, encoders and decoders are used for smoother transmission of real-time video at the user end.
Live streaming is a very important tool for event broadcasters and sponsors to reach out to a global audience. Here are some of the important points which should be kept in mind –
- At any given time, live streaming attracts the most people on the planet. Right from covering sporting tournaments to award ceremonies and shows, live streaming services make this job easier.
- With the help of live streaming, you get a cost-effective solution for hosting your event. Right from the venue cost, to the cost of accommodation, transportation, and logistics, you have nothing to worry about. In addition to this, the sponsors can easily focus more on the content part.
- You can run so many marketing campaigns with these live streaming services. With the selection of the best live streaming platform, you can get valuable insights and work for the better and modifications for your next event.
Live streaming is a versatile solution for most online needs. Here are some of the prominent benefits of live streaming services.
- Live streaming any event ensures ease and convenience for the audience. It allows remote attendees to become part of the event just with an active internet connection and a compatible device.
- Live streaming sessions boost audience interaction while asking their queries live and getting them answered most of the time. In addition to this, they are a cost-effective solution which makes them a very convenient option for event broadcasters.
- The major advantage of live streaming services is the variety of content. You can use different formats like infographics, images, textual information, and others to increase brand awareness and boost session productivity.
Now, let’s explore further and learn more about some free live streaming platforms. In this section, we’ll learn about Facebook, and Instagram Live.
“You may also like to read:- 7 Creative Ideas For Your Next Virtual Conference“
With the introduction of Facebook Live to the market, many things started evolving. Live streaming is huge right now on Facebook. The platform has a very easy to use interface which also makes its reach to a wider audience across the world. Keeping this in mind, many brands are taking the advantage of its simple functionality and extremely popular UI in the global market.
You can broadcast a Q&A, an interview, or a performance for no cost by broadcasting it live on a Facebook page, but you can also broadcast it to a group or at an event. In addition to this, you can also run ads in between to generate revenue from your live streaming session. Furthermore, you can also monetize your event with the integration of third party software. Monetizing here means your audience has to pay a specific amount for watching your session. In fact, with the help of this, you can actually hit the global accounts of millions of people in real-time. However, there are some platform limitations when it comes to comparison with the features of professional platforms.
Instagram is one of the largest holders of online global accounts. With its innovative hashtags and stories feature, the platform is now well known for conducting free live streaming from anywhere and at any time of the day.
Instagram has it all, from live fundraisers that help you raise money for a cause to live rooms that let you go live with up to three other people simultaneously. Additionally, you may advertise your live broadcast on Instagram and add interactive elements like Q&A and media sharing. In addition, this live streaming network does not charge its users..
Live streaming is making the content reach remote locations. With the advent of these leading platforms, live streaming is creating real-time connections between the host and the viewers. In addition to this, with the help of astonishing features such as real-time interaction, sending emojis and comments, and the ability to be a part of the live video, In addition to this, since the connections made with these live streaming services are purely authentic, the chances of meeting like-minded people increase during these streaming sessions.