Break the outlook PST into small files, when the size of your PST files starts to grow. Because it can cause problems for you such as outlook freeze, errors in file opening, or not receiving emails. In this case, your file can be damaged and contaminated.
For rescue, read this article, where I have told you how you can break the Outlook PST file. When you have many large PSTs and need to divide them into small PST formats. It is possible to break the data using both manual and third-party solutions.
However, the manual method is not always effective, so professional solutions are more discovered. I wrote both methods to break the PST file into small files, so read and apply as per your requirement.
Why do we need to break out Outlook PST in small files?
Before knowing the methods of split PST file, firstly, let’s discuss why it is important to split oversized outlook PST files.
• Performance of Outlook slows down because of large size PST files
• Facing errors or sometime damaged problem due to large PST files
• Does not receive or send any email after overloading mailbox
Two manual methods to make PST file smaller
Method 1: Using Archive function
These methods will only be used if your profile is added with your MS Outlook application
• Firstly, open MS Outlook application.
• Go to file tab.
• Click “clean up tools” select “Archive” option.
• A new display will appear, select a file you want to split, click browse option for a folder location path.
• Click Ok to end the process.
Method 2: Using move to folder option
Here we can move folder to other attached profile.
• Open MS outlook application.
• Click Account settings >> select account setting options.
• Click on Data files tab, then click Add button, select file.
• Go back to home screen, open the default PST file, and select the items which you want to move.
• Now, click on MOVE button from the top and click copy to folder option.
• Choose PST file from the copy the selected items to the folder option and click OK
You can face many problems in understanding these manual methods. Because sometimes it takes a lot of time to complete this method. The possibility of losing data in manual methods is also very high.
Method 3: Split PST files into smaller using MailsDaddy PST split tool
If you want easiest method to break PST file into multiple PST, then try MailsDaddy PST Break tool. This single application has sufficient feature to make large PST into multiple PSTs.
Steps to Break large Outlook PST
- Firstly, install and open MailsDaddy PST split software.
- Click on ADD file option >> Browse PST >> Click ok
- You will get back to software interface >> check all file.
- Select one split option: Date, Folder, Size or email and provide detail
- Now, select the destination path where you want to save the file.
- Clink Next button to start splitting process.
Benefits of using MailsDaddy PST split tool application
- You can quickly ADD and SEARCH the PST file with the software.
- The software can split multiple and large PST file into small files at a time.
- Divides big outlook PST files by date, size, folder, email etc.
- Application also works with Archive PST files.
- No size limitations and supports corrupted and damaged PST files.
- The software supports all windows and outlook version.
As we have mentioned in our article, MS Outlook has several techniques to divide large-sized PST files that reach the maximum storage size range. Therefore, for your comfort and convenience, we have mentioned both manual and automatic techniques. As you can see that manual methods are not direct ways to break PST into small files are temporary. While the professional equipment method Outlook PST file is the best option to divide PST files hassle-free.